July 25-July 29th, 2022
DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium
Hosted by DMTF, and co-hosted with our alliance partner, Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), the fifteenth annual Alliance Partner Technical Symposium will be held on Monday, July 25 through Friday, July 29, 2022. This is a hybrid event, with options to attend in person in Portland, Oregon or to attend virtually. Led by DMTF's VP of Alliances, John Leung, this year's event offers meetings focused on technical topics and addressed the technical work of interest to each of DMTF’s Alliance Partners.
Agenda and Schedule
Please view the schedule page for information about meeting sessions.
Keynotes will be held from 8:00am to 8:50am Pacific Time Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) - "SDXI: A new vision towards memory to memory data movement and acceleration"
Presented by Shyam Iyer
- PCI-SIG® – Providing Foundational IO Technologies
Presented by David Harriman
- Compute Express Link™ (CXL™): A Coherent Interface for Ultra-High-Speed Transfers
Presented by Tiffany Kasanicky
Keynote Slides Available for DMTF Members
The keynote presentation slides have been made available to DMTF members. If you are a DMTF member with an active user account, you may log in to access the keynote presentations.
- Wednesday, 6-9pm: Social event
Dinner at Portland City Grill
Registration for this event is now closed.
The 2022 DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium will be held at The Bidwell Marriott Portland.
The Bidwell Marriott Portland
520 Southwest Broadway
Portland, Oregon 97205
Hotel reservation information
We encourage all attendees to stay at the event hotel. Our discounted room rate was available until June 24, 2022.
Here are some links to local protocols and hotel requirements regarding COVID-19: The Bidwell Marriott Portland, The City of Portland, Oregon Health Authority.
Information for Attendees
The APTS schedule page includes the days and times for meetings held during APTS.
If you are attending virtually, please visit your respective organization's Members Only area for meeting details (agenda, Zoom connection, etc.)
Name badges and information will be available at the registration desk, located on the 3rd floor of the hotel.
APTS registration opens Monday at 7:00am and the desk will be staffed each day during business hours.
Meeting rooms and the registration desk are located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. Elevator access only.
A floor plan can be found at the bottom of the page. Room capacity is limited (with an average capacity of just over 20) -- if you are a group chair and expect to host a meeting in excess of 30 individuals, please let us know ASAP. View the Bidwell Marriott Portland floor plan. For additional floor plan information, please visit the Marriott Website.
Each breakout room (with a scheduled meeting) will have a speaker phone and projector. Wi-Fi Internet access will be available the entire week.
Reference our APTS Schedule for our most up-to-date schedule.
Food, Beverage, & Other events
Breakfast and lunch will be served on the 3rd floor in the River Foyer, behind the APTS registration desk.
Breakfast service is for one hour, plus an additional 30 minutes where the food is still available, but more will not be brought out
- Monday: 8am to 9:00am (held until 9:30am)
- Tuesday through Friday: 7:00am until 8:00am (held until 8:30am)
Lunch is provided Monday through Friday. Mid-afternoon snacks will be available from Monday through Thursday.
Other notable events:
- For outside food options, there are a number of outstanding restaurants nearby, as well as plentiful food carts. Oregon Wines on Broadway is directly across the street from our hotel, they feature a number of Oregon wines and have a tasting bar. For additional information:
- On Thursday at 12pm the 33rd annual Oregon Brewers Festival ("Brew Fest") kicks off. Portland has been called the 'microbrew capitol of the world' and this event, taking place at the waterfront within walking distance of the hotel, is the largest outdoor beer festival in the USA and will serve 40+ craft beers.
- If you are looking for areas to explore, head northwest into the Pearl District or Alphabet District for art galleries, independent boutiques, and upscale dining options.
- For more of an adventure, search for the "4T trail". This is a scenic 4.5 mile hike around southwest Portland that involves taking the MAX train to the Zoo, the Marquam trail to OHSU, the aerial tram down to the South Waterfront District, then the streetcar back into downtown Portland.