NETMAN Network Management Initiative
DMTF’s Network Management Initiative (NETMAN™) is an integrated set of standards for management of physical, virtual, application-centric and software defined networks. The NETMAN initiative is leading the industry toward the unification of network management across traditional data centers, cloud infrastructures, Network Function Virtualization (NFV) environments, and software defined data center (SDDC) ecosystems.
While cloud, virtualization and software defined networking have eased the use of network functions for consumers, the challenges of deploying and managing the network supporting these infrastructures have magnified. Addressing the current complexity and abstraction, DMTF’s NETMAN will provide the necessary standards-based management models and interfaces to enable consistent, unified and automated provisioning, deployment, configuration, and monitoring of network environments. Moreover, the Network Function Virtualization (NFV) initiative (www.etsi.org/nfv) significantly benefits from NETMAN.
Today’s existing and emerging network management standards do not attempt to integrate with server, virtualization and cloud management standards to simplify and unify the management of the overall infrastructure. Building upon DMTF’s widely-deployed management standards, NETMAN is in the unique position to:
- Facilitate interoperable management across multiple network environments
- Enable a common management infrastructure for network resources and services that can span across multiple implementations, including open source solutions
- Deliver effective management of the network environment within new paradigms such as SDDC and NFV
- As of Q2 2016, DMTF’s network services management work takes place in the CIM Profiles for Platform and Service (CPPS) Working Group. Please see below for historical files, and visit CPPS for the latest. Learn more and join DMTF to participate.
- DMTF welcomes feedback on our standards, but requires that individuals submitting comments first agree to our DMTF Feedback Policy.
|DSP1120||1.0.0||Network Management - Tunnel Management Profile||7 Sep 2018||Standard||View|
|DSP1065||1.0.0||Network Management - Virtual Routing and Forwarding Profile||4 Sep 2018||Standard||View|
|DSP1063||1.0.0||Network Management Layer3 Interface Profile||11 Jun 2018||Standard||View|
|DSP1048||1.0.0||Network Policy Management Profile||1 Mar 2021||Standard||View|
|DSP1046||1.0.0||Network Management Profile||18 May 2020||Standard||View|
|DSP2034||1.0.0a||Network Services Management Use Cases||1 Apr 2013||Historical|
|DSP1120||1.0.0b||Network Management - Tunnel Management Profile||25 Feb 2016||Historical|
|DSP1069||1.1.0g||DNS Service Management Profile||26 Feb 2016||Historical|
|DSP1068||1.0.0c||DHCP Service Management Profile||12 Jan 2016||Historical|
|DSP1046||1.0.0b||Network Management Profile||23 Jun 2015||Historical|