DMTF (formerly known as the Distributed Management Task Force) creates open manageability standards spanning diverse emerging and traditional IT infrastructures including cloud, virtualization, network, servers and storage. Member companies and alliance partners worldwide collaborate on standards to improve the interoperable management of information technologies.
Nationally and internationally recognized by ANSI and ISO, DMTF standards enable a more integrated and cost-effective approach to management through interoperable solutions. Simultaneous development of Open Source and Open Standards is made possible by DMTF, which has the support, tools, and infrastructure for efficient development and collaboration.
DMTF is a 501(c)(6) standards organization led by a diverse board of directors from Broadcom Inc.; Cisco; Dell Technologies; Hewlett Packard Enterprise; Intel Corporation; Lenovo; NetApp; Positivo Tecnologia S.A.; and Verizon.
- CADF - Cloud Auditing Data Federation
- CIMI - Cloud Infrastructure Management Interface
- CIM - Common Information Model
- DASH - Desktop & Mobile Architecture for System Hardware
- MCTP - Management Component Transport Protocol
- Including NVMe-MI™, I2C/SMBus and PCIe® Bindings
- NC-SI - Network Controller Sideband Interface
- OVF - Open Virtualization Format
- PLDM - Platform Level Data Model
- Including Firmware Update, Redfish Device Enablement (RDE)
- Including Protocols, Schema, Host Interface, Profiles
- SMASH - Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware
- SMBIOS - System Management BIOS
- SPDM - Security Protocol and Data Model
For a complete list of our standards and initiatives, check out our Standards and Technologies section to learn more.
To learn more about our membership levels or to join click here.