Redfish Release 2021.3 Now Available
DMTF’s Redfish®, Release 2021.3 is now available for public download. Designed to deliver simple and secure management for hybrid IT and the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), the latest release of the Redfish standard includes three new schemas, 20 schema updates, and additional developer resources.
The new release includes support for Licenses and License Management allowing for inventory and installation of licenses, as obtained by the end user, or otherwise included in a product implementation. The release supports Service-level, Device-centric or Capacity-limited license types to allow for a variety of licensing models. This support allows for either binary (file-based) or text-based licenses in a unified fashion to provide a single, interoperable method for client software to implement. The 2021.3 release also includes support for electrical buses and related products added to the PowerDistribution schema with added properties to Outlet, Circuit, Chassis, and PowerSupply to show electrical connectivity between devices.
These latest enhancements are driven by the growth of Redfish and interoperability feedback received from implementers. Some of the items in the new Redfish 2021.3 update include:
- Redfish Specification v1.14.1 – Clarified the link header clause and corrected payload annotation examples.
- 2021.3 Redfish Schema Bundle – This .zip file contains the current versions of all Redfish schemas. The bundle includes three new schemas, 20 schema updates and additional developer resources.
- Addition of License, LicenseService, and SwitchMetrics schemas
- Support for electrical bus products added to the PowerDistribution schema
- Added properties to Outlet, Circuit, Chassis, and PowerSupply to show electrical connectivity between devices
- Addition of UEFI-defined “CPER” and “CPERSection” types to DiagnosticDataType in LogEntry
- Redfish Message Registry Bundle 2021.3 – The Message Registry Bundle (DSP8011) contains all released Redfish message registries.
- Base v1.12 adds ActionParameterValueConflict, ResetRecommended, and PropertyNotUpdated
- ResourceEvent v1.1 adds PowerState change and resource-level State change messages
- NEW License registry for license management messages
- Redfish Release 2021.3 Overview – This presentation provides detailed descriptions of each revision in Redfish 2021.3.
- Redfish Resource and Schema Guide – Updated for 2021.3, this human-readable guide to the Redfish Schema is designed to help educate users of Redfish. Application developers and DevOps personnel creating client-side software to communicate with a Redfish service, as well as other consumers of the standard, will benefit from the explanations in this resource.
- Redfish Property Guide – Intended primarily for schema authors, this newly revised reference helps with locating existing property definitions within the Redfish schema.
- Redfish Release History – Updated with each new release, this presentation offers a comprehensive view of each revision to Redfish since 2016.
To learn more about Redfish, click here. The Redfish Developer Hub is a one-stop, in-depth technical resource and provides all the files, tools, community support, tutorials and other advanced education you may need to help you use Redfish. Technical work on the Redfish standard takes place in DMTF’s Redfish Forum. To find out how you can join and contribute to this standard, click here. To submit input via the DMTF Technology Submission and Feedback Portal click here.