Feedback and Technology Submission Portal
Thank you in advance for your willingness to submit technology, report a security issue, or report a bug in a DMTF specification or published artifact!
This portal will guide you through the process of submitting feedback or technology to the DMTF. However, if you are looking for a way to ask a simple question or get clarification on PMCI, Redfish, or SPDM technologies, our use message forums may be a better route:
Most technology submissions, security issues and bug reports will raise no intellectual property issues, but since some may, we need to be sure that our specifications and sample code are in compliance with our Patent Policy. Accordingly, we ask that you agree to certain terms that the original submitters of the specification also agreed to.
To provide a technology submission or feedback against a DMTF standard or published artifact, the following process should be followed on this webpage.
1. Create a feedback portal account or login to your existing feedback portal account. In order to identify the person accepting the agreement, an identity must be recorded.
- Submitting feedback requires an individual to have a feedback portal account, regardless of whether or not you have a DMTF membership account.
- If you already have a feedback portal account (this is not the same as a DMTF member account) to submit feedback, log in now.
- If you're submitting feedback for the first time, register yourself (providing name, email address, org name) for a feedback portal account now. Please note: you do NOT need to be a DMTF member in order to submit feedback. Creating this account is free and open to non-members. Once you submit your account request, an administrator will review and approve the request. You will then receive an email once your account has been activated. Then you may proceed with the next steps.
2. If applicable, submit the "Copyright License Grant" form.
- If your Contribution is subject to copyright by other parties who have not expressly granted you the above rights, have the copyright owner(s) complete the "Copyright License Grant" and send to the DMTF.
3. Accept the Intellectual Property Rights Agreement.
4. Upload the submission.
To report a security issue in a DMTF Standard or sample code, follow the account setup process noted above and do the following:
- Select the “Security Issue” checkbox on the following form
- Submit a document using the document submission option and include the following required information:
- Finder’s email
- Vulnerability description with technical details, including how to reproduce the exploitation and the consequence of the exploitation.
- Impacted standard and its version
- Impacted sample code and its branch version
- Impacted production and production version
Intellectual Property Rights Agreement
By clicking "Accept" below, you agree that you have read and will abide by the following:
An individual contributor ("Contributor" or "You") submitting a new technical submittal ("Contribution") to the DMTF for consideration to become part of a technical standard must agree to the DMTF Member Policies set forth at www.dmtf.org/about/policies including specifically the Member Rules of Conduct.
You must disclose to the DMTF Technical Committee your personal knowledge or awareness of any patent which could be infringed by an implementation of your Contribution.
Neither you as the individual Contributor nor your company or organization shall be required to conduct a patent search with respect to the Contribution. If you do not have first hand knowledge of any patent which would be infringed upon by an implementation of your contribution, you are encouraged but not required to include a statement from your organization indicating (1) the organization’s licensing policy with respect to its owned or controlled patents and/or (2) whether a search was performed on the Contribution and, if so, its general scope.
By your Contribution, you hereby grant to the DMTF a perpetual, nonexclusive, royalty-free, non-cancellable world-wide right and license under any copyrights, whether owned by you personally, by your employer or by another entity, on this Contribution, with the right to directly and indirectly sublicense, modify, copy, publish and distribute the Contribution under the DMTF document licenses, and you expressly represent here that you are legally authorized and entitled to do so. Should the Contribution be used in a DMTF Activity, you hereby grant a right and license of the same scope to DMTF to create and distribute derivative works based on, or incorporating all or any part of, the Contribution. You agree that such DMTF derivative works shall be solely owned by the DMTF.
You are not making any other warranty, and your issue or bug report and any suggested correction that DMTF may incorporate into a specification will be accepted by DMTF "as is".
Copyright License Grant
If your Contribution is subject to copyright by other parties who have not expressly granted you the above rights, you must first obtain and provide DMTF with a signed "Copyright License Grant" from each such copyright owner.
The completed Copyright License Grant can be signed using the following options:
1. Sign and mail to
Distributed Management Task Force, Inc.
1050 SW 6th Ave #1100
Portland, OR 97204
2. Sign and fax to 1.503.296.2432
3. Provide electronic signature by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to (or cannot) comply with these terms, please click on "Do Not Accept".