Redfish Release 2020.3 Now Available Featuring Support for NVMe-over-Fabrics™ and More
DMTF’s Redfish®, Release 2020.3, is now available for public download. Designed to deliver simple and secure management for hybrid IT and the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), the latest release of the Redfish standard includes 2 new schemas, 37 schema updates, and additional developer resources. The new release features the additions of Connection and StorageController schemas, support for NVMe-over-Fabrics™, collecting and retrieving DiagnosticData (“crash dumps”), per-system remote console and virtual media instances, expanded details of serial console, InfiniBand, and a LocationIndicatorActive property to address interop challenges with IndicatorLED. In addition, the migration from NetworkPort to Port will provide consistency throughout the schemas and for users.
The latest enhancements were driven by the growth of Redfish and interoperability feedback received from implementers. Some of the items in the new Redfish 2020.3 update include:
- 2020.3 Redfish Schema Bundle – This .zip file contains the current versions of all Redfish schema. New materials include the additions of Connection and StorageController schemas, and the LocationIndicatorActive property. New added support for NVMe-over-Fabrics modeling using Redfish, collecting and retrieving DiagnosticData (“crash dumps”), expanded details of serial console, and support for InfiniBand. Updates including migration from Network Port to Port for consistency and per-system remote console and virtual media instances were also added.
- Redfish Host Interface Specification v1.3.0 – This revision adds a bootstrap credential method. Added a set of commands to allow host software or the operating system to generate credentials for itself without requiring prior knowledge regarding the Redfish service. Added ability to the HostInterface resource to control whether the bootstrapping feature is enabled, while being able to control the role assigned to the bootstrap account.
- Redfish Message Registry Bundle 2020.3 – The Message Registry Bundle (DSP8011) contains all released Redfish message registries. The 2020.3 release adds support for Job and LogService message registries.
- Redfish Release 2020.3 Overview – This presentation provides detailed descriptions of each revision in Redfish 2020.3.
- Redfish Resource and Schema Guide – Updated for 2020.3, this human-readable guide to the Redfish Schema is designed to help educate users of Redfish. Application developers and DevOps personnel creating client-side software to communicate with a Redfish service, as well as other consumers of the standard, will benefit from the explanations in this resource.
- Redfish Property Guide – Intended primarily for schema authors, this newly revised reference helps with locating existing property definitions within the Redfish schema.
- Redfish Release History – Updated with each new release, this presentation offers a comprehensive view of each revision to Redfish since 2016.
To learn more about the newly released versions of DMTF Redfish® and SNIA Swordfish™ Specifications that include NVMe™ and NVMe-oF™ enhancements click here.
To learn more about Redfish, click here. The Redfish Developer Hub is a one-stop, in-depth technical resource and provides all the files, tools, community support, tutorials and other advanced education you may need to help you use Redfish. Technical work on the Redfish standard takes place in DMTF’s Redfish Forum. To find out how you can join and contribute to this standard, click here. To submit input via the DMTF Technology Submission and Feedback Portal click here.