CDM Webinar: Industry Diagnostics Methodology
August 24, 2011, 8:00 am CST (Asia Pacific, Beijing) / August 25, 2011, 11:00 a.m. PST (North America)
Join DMTF’s CDM Forum on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 8:00 am CST (Asia Pacific, Beijing) or Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 11:00 am PST (North America) for their first-ever webinar titled: “Industry Diagnostics Methodology.”
This webinar will provide an introduction to the CDM Forum and will communicate the need for a standardized industry diagnostics methodology. The session will also outline diagnostic use cases, including benefits of using diagnostics, as well as provide an overview of the tools available in the industry. Additionally, this session will help attendees gain a better understanding of the CDM Forum’s work.
This online event is open to both DMTF members and non-members and will benefit marketing and technical experts from various industry suppliers, manufacturers and IT managers for computer related components.
The webinar will cover the following:
Where does problem determination take place?
- Cloud Computing – Challenges of determining issues
- System Integrators
- Repair Centers
- IT Enterprise
- Examples – What’s in the toolbox
Value of being able to diagnose issues
- Warranty cost, NFF, Support Time, etc.
Introduce WBEM, CIM, CDM
- WBEM and CIM in the industry. How is stuff managed, how was it managed before?
- Industry support for CIM & WBEM i.e. MS WMI/WS-MAN, Pegasus, VMWare (requiring SMI)
- CIM, WBEM, CDM uniting tools under single method of control
- (Hardware) -> (Diagnostics) -> (Controller – CIMOM) -> (UI – Client)
How to get involved and participate
- How to join
- Contact information
Wednesday, Aug. 24th 8:00 a.m. CST (Asia Pacific, Beijing)
Meeting Number: 625 272 781
Thursday, Aug. 25th 11:00 a.m. PST (North America)
Meeting Number: 626 986 100