BrightTALK Efficient Enterprise Virtualization Summit
January 14, 2010
In 2010 and beyond, how much will you invest to maintain existing IT infrastructure versus new IT investments that can provide real business impact? The answer could determine the success of your organization. Join this BrightTALK Summit to learn how to make 2010 the year of your Efficient Enterprise by leveraging the latest advances in virtualization platforms, storage, business continuity and services.
- Annette Cormier, Enterprise Solutions Manager at Dell, Inc.
- Andrew Gilman, Storage Solutions Manager at Dell, Inc.
- Mike Adams, vSphere Senior Product Marketing Manager at VMware
- Winston Bumpus, President of DMTF
- Ed Sladek, Data Center & Virtualization Portfolio Manager at Dell
- Stephen Spellicy, Sr. VMware Specialist at EMC Affinity Team
Watch the Recorded Webcast!
Title: Simplifying Virtualization Management Using New Industry Standards
Abstract: As organizations look to maximize investments in the heterogeneous data center, the issue of vendor interoperability comes to the fore. Capitalizing on multi-vendor industry standards is at the heart of any data center optimization effort. A standards-based approach to IT management can lead to increased flexibility and reduced costs. This session will address the challenges and opportunities in a multi-vendor environment, and explain how the DMTF's Virtualization Management Initiative (VMAN) and standards including the Open Virtualization Format (OVF) and the Virtualization Management Profiles address these issues to form the foundation of an interoperable end-to-end management strategy in today's distributed infrastructures.