2016 DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium
July 25-July 29, 2016
DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium
Hosted by the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) and jointly sponsored by the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), the tenth annual Alliance Partner Technical Symposium was held Monday, July 25 through Friday, July 29, 2016. Led by DMTF's VP of Alliances, John Leung, this year's event offered meetings focused on technical topics and addressed the technical work of interest to each of the DMTF’s Alliance Partners.
Alliance Partner organizations represented:
- China Communications Standards Association (CCSA)
- The Green Grid (TGG)
- Object Management Group - Cloud Standards Customer Council (OMG-CSCC)
- Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)
- Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
Agenda and Schedule
Registration for this event is now closed.
The 2016 DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium was held at the Portland Marriott City Center.
Portland Marriott City Center
520 Southwest Broadway
Portland, Oregon 97205
Hotel reservation information
We encouraged all attendees to stay at the event hotel. Our discounted room rate was available until June 25, 2016.
Information for Attendees
Name badges and information are available at the registration desk, located on the 3rd floor of the hotel.
APTS registration opens Monday at 7:00am and the desk will be staffed each day during business hours.
Meeting rooms and the registration desk are located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. Elevator access only.
The "Private Dining Room" (aka Winery) is our 7th breakout room, and is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel behind the restaurant dining area. The 2nd floor of the hotel can be accessed via the elevator or the lobby stairs.
A floor plan can be found at the bottom of the page. Room capacity is limited (with an average capacity of just over 20) -- if you are a group chair and expect to host a meeting in excess of 30 individuals, please let us know ASAP. Download a .pdf of the Marriott City Center floor plan. For additional floor plan information, please visit the Marriott Web site.
Each breakout room (with a scheduled meeting) will have a speaker phone, projector, and outside phone line. Wi-Fi Internet access will be available the entire week.
Reference our APTS Schedule for our most up-to-date schedule.
Food, Beverage, & Other events
Breakfast is served on the 3rd floor. Group lunch will be served on the 2nd floor in the restaurant.
Breakfast is available Monday through Friday starting at 7:00am until 8:00am. Lunch is provided Monday through Friday. Mid-afternoon snacks will be available from Monday through Friday.
Other notable events:
- For outside food options, there are a number of outstanding restaurants nearby, as well as plentiful food carts. Oregon Wines on Broadway is directly across the street from our hotel, they feature a number of Oregon wines and have a tasting bar. For beer, Bailey’s Taproom is 3 blocks north on Broadway. They have 20 rotating taps and (currently) 92 different bottles of beer on the menu. For additional information:
- On Wednesday at 12pm the 29th annual Oregon Brewers Festival ("Brew Fest") kicks off. Portland has been called the 'microbrew capitol of the world' and this event, taking place at the waterfront within walking distance of the hotel, is the largest outdoor beer festival in the USA and will serve 80+ craft beers.
- If you are looking for areas to explore, head northwest into the Pearl District or Alphabet District for art galleries, independent boutiques, and upscale dining options.
- For more of an adventure, search for the "4T trail". This is a scenic 4.5 mile hike around southwest Portland that involves taking the MAX train to the Zoo, the Marquam trail to OHSU, the aerial tram down to the South Waterfront District, then the streetcar back into downtown Portland.