CIM Schema: Version 2.16
The CIM V2.16 readme describes the changes that have been incorporated into this release, as well as instructions for installing the Schema. We recommend that you review this document first.
As part of CIM 2.16, a number of enhancements and additions are introduced throughout the Schema, including ongoing improvements to support product and alliance partners and to support DMTF Profiles and Management Initiatives. Examples include improvements to security modeling, as well as improvements to support indications and to power and cooling. In addition to these major changes, there are also ongoing improvements to the schema to support DMTF Profiles and Management Initiatives, specifically changes to support Virtualization, PCI Devices, KVM Redirections, LED Modeling and Sensor Updates. Contributions to the CIM schema have been made possible through the DMTF Alliance Partnerships with the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and the Open Grid Forum (OGF).
Please keep in mind that Experimental elements may change in a backward incompatible way.
The following zip archives provide a way to download the CIM V2.16 Schema MOF, PDF and UML in bulk, rather than individually.
- Final Schema
- Zip archive of all Final MOF files (1.3MB)
- Zip archive of individual Final XML Classes (4.7MB)
- Zip archive of all Final XML Classes (3.4MB)
- Zip archive of all Final XSD classes (1.3MB)
- Experimental Schema
- Zip archive of all Experimental MOF files (1.7MB)
- Zip archive of individual Experimental XML Classes (6.2MB)
- Zip archive of all Experimental XML Classes (6.2MB)
- Zip archive of all Experimental XSD Classes (1.7 MB)
Individual UML Diagrams
You can obtain the entire CIM V2.16 Schema in Managed Object Format (MOF) from the .zip archive of all MOF files above.
|+ CIM_Application||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Application-J2eeAppServer||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Core||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Database||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Device||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Event||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Interop||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_IPsecPolicy||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Metrics||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Network||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Physical||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Policy||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Security||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_Support||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_System||[ visio | pdf ]|
|+ CIM_User||[ visio | pdf ]|
Schema DocumentationThis file contains the Schema in HTML document format.
DMTF Feedback Policy
The DMTF welcomes feedback on our standards, but requires that individuals submitting comments first agree to our DMTF Feedback Policy.
- Advanced Micro Devices
- American Megatrends, Inc.
- Brightleaf Group
- Broadcom Limited
- CA Technologies
- DMTF Fellow
- Dell Inc.
- HP Inc
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Instituto de Educao Tecnologica (IETEC)
- Intel Corporation
- Laurentian University
- Microsoft Corporation
- Storage Networking Industry Association
- Technische Universitaet Dresden
- The Open Group
- Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc
- VMware Inc.
- Wold Consulting LLC