The Value of Membership
The DMTF has established itself as the organization to bring together key technology vendors, service providers, government organizations, and end users for the development, adoption, and interoperability of management standards and initiatives for enterprise, cloud, and Internet environments.
- DMTF continues to be the ideal forum for industry leading companies to come together in a collegial and established environment to collaborate on relevant interoperable management standards.
- Member companies gain visibility through industry-wide marketing efforts and initiatives.
- Members gain early access and insights into the creation of DMTF specifications, underlying technologies, the architecture and those forging it.
- DMTF membership offers front-line access to DMTF standards and the opportunity to participate in the process of defining standards and programs.
- DMTF members have the opportunity to impact the industry through guidance and leadership.
- The work of the DMTF is funded through membership dues that are among the most cost effective in the industry.
- DMTF helps members reduce development, design and start up costs with collaborative development, tools, access to experts, and broad knowledge base.
- DMTF alliance partners benefit from reduced development time and greater interoperability, thereby creating larger markets for product-based systems and solutions that incorporate standards based interfaces and technologies.
- DMTF has the support, tools and infrastructure for efficient development and collaboration.
- DMTF has process alignment across all aspects of the organization, increasing efficiencies and overall agility.
- DMTF process overhead is now the lowest of any recognized standards body, second to none.
- DMTF has administrative support and other resources necessary to operate and promote.
- DMTF has a well-established IP Policy.
- DMTF has a streamlined approval process for specifications minimizing time to market.
- Open Source development and contributing techniques supported by DMTF policies and infrastructure allow simultaneous development of standards and code.
- DMTF standards are internationally recognized by ANSI and ISO. DMTF has an established relationship and submission process with both bodies.
- DMTF has a global presence with members from 43 countries and local bodies in China and Japan.
Organizations that fit any one of the following categories should consider joining ranks with the more than 160 vendors, end users, service providers, and affiliates who are already active members of the DMTF:
- Providers of any type of PC product or peripheral -- application software, management software, servers, desktop systems, printers, modems, sound cards, network adapters, etc.
- End users of technology - including government organizations - interested in learning about and helping develop the standards that are shaping the management of technology including enterprise, cloud, and Internet environments.
- Vendors interested in developing a standard management framework for their products and services
- Vendors and service providers interested in using platform, virtualization and cloud management standards to differentiate and add value to products and services
- Vendors with customers that request or require standards-based management solutions
- Vendors that are offering management solutions based on Web standards such as XML, HTTP, and REST.
- Vendors or companies that want to use Web-based enterprise management standards for managing e-commerce systems
The work of the DMTF is funded through membership dues which are among the lowest in the industry. End user and government agencies are eligible for 50% discounts on Leadership and Participation level membership. Learn more about the DMTF Membership Levels.
If you have feedback or suggestions on ways to improve the value of your membership within the DMTF, or questions regarding membership that are not answered on the DMTF Web site, please send them to DMTF's VP of Membership.