2014 DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium
July 21-July 24, 2014
DMTF Alliance Partner Technical Symposium
Hosted by the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) and jointly sponsored by the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), the eighth annual Alliance Partner Technical Symposium was held Monday, July 21 through Thursday, July 24, 2014. Led by DMTF's Interim VP of Alliances, Jeff Hilland, this year's event offered meetings focused on technical topics and addressed the technical work of interest to each of the DMTF’s Alliance Partners.
Alliance Partner organizations represented:
- China Communications Standards Association
- China Electronics Standardization Institute
- Open Grid Forum
- The Open Group
- Storage Networking Industry Association
- TeleManagement Forum
Open Standards vs. Open Source BoF Session
As the discussion and debate continues to heat up around the relevance of industry standards when faced with Open Source efforts, DMTF was given the unique opportunity to participate in a Birds of a Feather (BoF) session on Tuesday, July 22, at the Open Source Convention (OSCON) – which also took place in Portland at the same time as APTS.
Agenda and Schedule
Registration for this event is now closed.
Portland Marriott City Center
520 Southwest Broadway
Portland, Oregon 97205
Hotel reservation information
We encouraged all attendees to stay at the event hotel. Our discounted room rate was available until June 20th.
Information for Attendees
Name badges and information are available at the registration desk, located on the 3rd floor of the hotel.
APTS registration opens Monday at 7:00am and the desk will be staffed each day during business hours.
Meeting rooms and the registration desk are located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. Elevator access only.
The "Private Dining Room" (aka Winery) is our 7th breakout room, and is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel behind the restaurant dining area. The 2nd floor of the hotel can be accessed via the elevator or the lobby stairs.
Reference our APTS Schedule for our most up-to-date schedule.
A floor plan can be found at the bottom of the page. Room capacity is limited (with an average capacity of just over 20) -- if you are a group chair and expect to host a meeting in excess of 30 individuals, please let us know ASAP.
Each breakout room (with a scheduled meeting) will have a speaker phone, projector, and outside phone line. Wi-Fi Internet access will be available the entire week.
Food, Beverage, & Other events
Breakfast is served on the 3rd floor. Group lunch will be served on the 2nd floor in the restaurant.
Breakfast is available Monday through Thursday starting at 7:30am until 8:30am. Lunch is provided Monday through Wednesday. Beverages and snacks will be available from Monday morning to Thursday morning
Other notable events:
- The O’Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON) is also taking place in Portland this week. There are many different levels of registration options. It is possible to attend many of their social events by registering for an “Expo Hall Plus” pass for $25. Additional details available on the OSCON Web site.
- For outside food options, there are a number of outstanding restaurants nearby, as well as plentiful food carts. Oregon Wines on Broadway is directly across the street from our hotel, they feature a number of Oregon wines and have a tasting bar. For beer, Bailey’s Taproom is 3 blocks north on Broadway. They have 20 rotating taps and (currently) 92 different bottles of beer on the menu. For additional information:
- On Wednesday at 12pm the 27th annual Oregon Brewers Festival ("Brew Fest") kicks off. Portland has been called the 'microbrew capitol of the world' and this event, taking place at the waterfront within walking distance of the hotel, is the largest outdoor beer festival in the USA and will serve 80+ craft beers. Download the program or view the Online App
- If you are looking for areas to explore, head northwest into the Pearl District or Alphabet District for art galleries, independent boutiques, and upscale dining options.
- For more of an adventure, search for the "4T trail". This is a scenic 4.5 mile hike around southwest Portland that involves taking the MAX train to the Zoo, the Marquam trail to OHSU, the aerial tram down to the South Waterfront District, then the streetcar back into downtown Portland.
For information regarding DMTF public relations activities, or if you are an industry journalist or analyst in need of more information, please contact DMTF's public relations firm, StrongPR, or contact Karen Strong by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at 916-671-0334.