Scalable Platforms Management Forum (SPMF)
The DMTF’s Scalable Platforms Management Forum (SPMF) is dedicated to creating and publishing an open industry standard specification and schema that meets the expectations of end users for simple, modern and secure management of scalable platform hardware.
The Redfish standard specification and schema – developed on an aggressive timeline by the DMTF’s SPMF - specifies a RESTful interface and utilizes JSON and OData to help customers integrate solutions within their existing tool chains.
Visit the Redfish page to learn more about this standard for data center and systems management that delivers improved performance, functionality, scalability and security.
To participate in the SPMF as a Promoter member, an organization must be a member of the DMTF at the Board or Leadership level, and must also join the SPMF as a Promoter member. To participate in the SPMF as a Supporter member, an organization must be a member of the DMTF at the Board, Leadership or Participation level, and must also join the SPMF as a Supporter member.
Membership in SPMF, which is granted at the company level, results in a number of valuable privileges, as outlined below:
Promoter Members ($25,000 for the first two years, $4,500 thereafter)
Promoter members of SPMF have the following privileges:
- Eligible to be nominated as a candidate for election as a Forum officer.
- Eligible to vote on all Forum matters, including, but not limited to, votes to approve publication and access level of specifications, tools and other artifacts, as well as any changes.
- Access to the Forum governance distribution list.
- Eligible to participate in governance meetings of the Forum.
- Eligible to participate in periodic conference calls and face-to-face meetings of the Promoters of the Forum.
- Fee waiver for 1 (one) person to attend all Forum plug-fests (any applicable company participation fees, demonstration fees, space allocation fees, etc., not included).
- Ability to contribute company quotes to official Forum publications and press releases.
- All privileges granted to Supporter members.
Supporter Members ($4,500)
Supporter members have the following privileges:
- Eligible to be listed as a Supporter member in Forum publications and press releases.
- Ability to issue press releases and publications that reflect membership as a Supporter in the Forum.
- Eligible to participate in Forum conference calls and face-to-face meetings.
- Eligible to attend and participate in plug-fests (provided proper fees are paid and waivers signed).
- Eligible to vote on informational ballots (i.e., straw polls, etc.).
Both members and non-members have the ability to submit contributions through the DMTF Process for Technology Submissions, Review, and Acceptance (DSP4011).
How to Join
If you are a current DMTF member at the Participation, Leadership or Board level, visit our Add Forum Membership page to join SPMF.
If you are not yet a member of DMTF, you can sign up for both organization and Forum membership simultaneously via the New Company Sign-Up form. Select either the SPMF Promoter or SPMF Supporter level in the form’s “Level of Membership” drop-down. If you have any questions, please complete our Contact Us form.
Current DMTF members at the Participation, Leadership or Board level are eligible to try a “temporary observer” membership with SPMF. The Temporary Observer membership is a free trial that lasts two weeks. In this time, a company may attend the SPMF meeting as an observer (without any rights), so they may decide whether they would like to officially join as a member of the Forum. If you are interested in Temporary Observer membership with SPMF, please complete our Contact Us form.
If you have any questions about joining the DMTF’s SPMF, please contact DMTF Administration.
Get Updates from DMTF in Your Inbox!
- American Megatrends, Inc.
- And Take Names, Inc.
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Brightleaf Group
- Broadcom Limited
- DMTF Fellow
- Dell Inc.
- Ericsson AB
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Insyde Software Corp
- Intel Corporation
- Majec Systems
- Mellanox Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- Open Grid Forum
- QLogic Corp.
- Quanta Computer Inc
- Second Rise
- Strong PR
- Texas Tech University
- VMware Inc.
- Western Digital Corporation
- Wold Consulting LLC