Academic Alliance Partner Research
The DMTF is proud to highlight research from its growing community of Academic Alliance Partners, more than 200 as of May 2015.
In 2007 The DMTF formed The International DMTF Academic Alliance Workshop on Systems and Virtualization Management: Standards and the Cloud (SVM). The annual workshop was collocated with the International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM) in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Annual DCM (formerly SVM) Workshop
We are now accepting paper submissions for our 2015 workshop. This year the workshop has been renamed, "The International DMTF Academic Alliance Workshop on Datacenter and Cloud Management (DCM 2015)". Please visit the DCM 2015 Web site for additional information about our upcoming workshop.
Information regarding our previous SVM workshops is also available online.
Proceedings for the workshop are available for purchase (2008-2013).
Academic Alliance Membership
The DMTF values input from the academic world and is open to providing information to faculty and students who are studying and researching management standards. The Academic Alliance membership is a free membership for individuals of accredited institutions of higher learning. Academic Alliance Members have access to the DMTF members-only Web pages and member email lists. Academic Alliance Members are eligible to participate in a single DMTF working group as non-voting members.
To apply for Academic Alliance membership, please complete our Academic Alliance Membership Application.
Previous Academic Research
Here are the research papers submitted in 2006, prior to the creation of SVM.
- Standards Supporting Autonomic Computing: CIM - Remodeling LocalizationCapabilities, class in Core Model Alexandria University, Egypt
- Distributed Network Security, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- Behavior Modeling: A Contribution to CIM, Institut de Recherche en information de Toulouse (IRIT)
- Design of a WBEM-based Management System for Ubiquitous Computing Servers Department of Computer Science and Engineering, POSTECH
- Automating Applications Management in the Enterprise Using DMTF Information Models, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Using CIM to Realize Policy Validation within the Ponder Framework, Imperial College, London, UK
- A Network Management Platform Adaptable to CIM Model Evolution, Univerisité de Montréal, University of Quebec in Montreal
- Integrating CIM/WBEM with the Java Enterprise Model, Adaptive Wireless Systems Group Department of Electronic Engineering Cork Institute of Technology, Cork, Ireland
- Policy Maker, a Tool Kit for Policy-based Security Management, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- CAMELEON: A CIM "Modelware" Platform for Distributed Integrated Management, Institut de Recherche en information de Toulouse (IRIT)
- Heterogeneous Tools for Heterogeneous Network Management with WBEM Adaptive Wireless Systems Group Department of Electronic Engineering Cork Institute of Technology, Cork, Ireland
DMTF Webinars on BrightTALK
Browse all of DMTF’s Webinars without leaving the site! Click here to visit our embedded BrightTALK Channel.