Academic Research Papers
The DMTF is proud to highlight research from its growing community of Academic Alliance Partners, more than 200 as of May 2015.
In 2007 The DMTF formed The International DMTF Academic Alliance Workshop on Systems and Virtualization Management: Standards and the Cloud (SVM). The annual workshop was collocated with the International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM) in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Annual DCM (formerly SVM) Workshop
We are now accepting paper submissions for our 2015 workshop. This year the workshop has been renamed, "The International DMTF Academic Workshop on Datacenter and Cloud Management (DCM 2015)". Please visit the DCM 2015 Web site for additional information about our upcoming workshop.
Information regarding our previous SVM workshops is also available online.
Proceedings for the workshop are available for purchase (2008-2013).
Previous Academic Research
Here are the research papers submitted in 2006, prior to the creation of SVM.
- Standards Supporting Autonomic Computing: CIM - Remodeling LocalizationCapabilities, class in Core Model Alexandria University, Egypt
- Distributed Network Security, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- Behavior Modeling: A Contribution to CIM, Institut de Recherche en information de Toulouse (IRIT)
- Design of a WBEM-based Management System for Ubiquitous Computing Servers Department of Computer Science and Engineering, POSTECH
- Automating Applications Management in the Enterprise Using DMTF Information Models, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Using CIM to Realize Policy Validation within the Ponder Framework, Imperial College, London, UK
- A Network Management Platform Adaptable to CIM Model Evolution, Univerisité de Montréal, University of Quebec in Montreal
- Integrating CIM/WBEM with the Java Enterprise Model, Adaptive Wireless Systems Group Department of Electronic Engineering Cork Institute of Technology, Cork, Ireland
- Policy Maker, a Tool Kit for Policy-based Security Management, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- CAMELEON: A CIM "Modelware" Platform for Distributed Integrated Management, Institut de Recherche en information de Toulouse (IRIT)
- Heterogeneous Tools for Heterogeneous Network Management with WBEM Adaptive Wireless Systems Group Department of Electronic Engineering Cork Institute of Technology, Cork, Ireland
DMTF Webinars on BrightTALK
Browse all of DMTF’s Webinars without leaving the site! Click here to visit our embedded BrightTALK Channel.