New Redfish™ Tools Released on GitHub
Continuing its open approach to the development of the Redfish™ API, DMTF’s Scalable Platforms Management Forum (SPMF) is sharing numerous new tools in its Redfish Tools repository on GitHub. DMTF invites review and open source contributions from the industry in the collaborative community environment of its public GitHub repo.
New tools recently shared include:
- Redfish Service Validator - a Python 2.7 tool for checking conformance of any "device" with a Redfish service interface against a Redfish CSDL schema.
- Redfish Profile Simulator - a Flask-based real simulator of the initial OCP Feature profile. Resources are loaded from a mockup into Python dictionary structures.
- Redfishtool CLI tool - a Python 3.4 program that implements a commandline tool for accessing the Redfish API. The tool outputs Redfish JSON responses for common use cases, and shows the proper way to implement the hypermedia aspects of the Redfish API.
- Mockup Creator - a Python 3.4 program that creates a Redfish Mockup folder structure from a real live Redfish service. The program executes Redfish GET requests to the Redfish service and saves the response in a file structure.
These new items join additional tools currently available in the GitHub repo:
- CSDL to JSON-schema converter - converts a valid Redfish CSDL schema to the JSON-schema (draft v4) format.
- OData CSDL Validator - a Python 3.0 tool that crawls through OData-formatted metadata, parses it and validates that it conforms to OData V4.0.
- Mockup Server - a simple Python 3.4 program that can be copied into a folder at the top of any Redfish mockup and serve Redfish requests on the specified IP/port.
- Documentation Generator - a utility to format text and values extracted from the Redfish JSON-schema files and incorporate text from additional Markdown documents to generate either web-based (Slate) or easily printed (converted to PDF) end-user documentation of the Redfish schema.
To learn more about Redfish, see http://www.dmtf.org/standards/redfish or - for developers - visit the Redfish Developer Hub, a one-stop, in-depth technical resource with all the files, tools, community support and education needed to help you use Redfish.